Textual description of firstImageUrl

Op Shop Bratz and Moxie Girlz on Parade


As I mentioned in a recent post I brought home a bunch of Bratz dolls from the Op Shop to tidy up so I thought that before I took them back I would photograph them and try to learn something about them.

We were quite lucky that several of the dolls were in fairly good condition only needing their hair combed. I don’t know if they have their original outfits or hairstyle but I decided to assume that they did initially and see if  I could ID any of them.

The photos here were taken outside in my garden before I had untangled their hair. This is how donated dolls typically look although someone had gone to the trouble of tying some of the dolls hair back to keep it a bit more tidy.

Moxie Girlz

Thanks to my research on Friday I discovered there was another one of the Moxie Girlz but sadly this one has no feet. The dark-haired one is Merin and she and blonde Avery were sold together as a set called Artitude. They are wearing their original outfits so they were not hard to identify.

 

 Bratz

As I don’t know anything about Bratz dolls I decided to make couple of assumptions to speed up my search. I am aware that the first Bratz dolls were produced in 2001 but as these dolls were donated with other toys I thought that they were more likely to be from the past couple of years. Then I learned that the Bratz were restyled in 2013 and given articulated bodies and made slightly taller. These dolls are not articulated so they must have been made prior to 2013.

After spending a good bit of my spare time in the evenings looking at pictures of Bratz dolls I still don’t know a lot about them. I was hoping to find a website that gave descriptions of each Bratz release year by year like the ones I have used for Barbie, Sindy and other fashion dolls but I haven’t so far found anything like that online. I have found a lot of links with photos but not a lot of information.

So now I am going to throw it open to Bratz collectors and doll detectives out there. Can you help me identify these dolls? If I don’t find out who they are it will be like an earworm that won’t go away.

I have taken the dolls back to the op shop now and some of the footless ones have already been sold. Two or three of the nicer dolls have been put aside and we will either use them in our gift baskets or they will be sold at  a special Saturday sale in the spring. We always try to have some extra nice bits and pieces put aside for our Saturday sales.

The girls scrubbed up quite well, here they are after having their hair detangled.

Conclusion

After having these dolls around for a week or so I have got used to their faces although I still don’t like the pouty lips on the earlier ones or their skinny bodies. I think the newer articulated ones look a bit better. I do quite like the Moxie Girlz and was tempted to keep Avery but I was strong and took her back.

I think the feet are a problem with these dolls. I get that the designer was trying to solve the problem of tiny shoes being lost but losing a whole foot is worse as it looks terrible. I don’t suppose young kids care that much but it does spoil the look of the doll and would make reselling them a bit harder. A lot of the Bratz photos I saw online were of footless dolls.

Links

http://www.historyofdolls.com/history-of-famous-dolls/history-of-bratz/


Filed under: Fashion Dolls Tagged: Bratz, Doll collecting, Fashion Dolls, Moxie Girlz
.
De: Dolls, Dolls, Dolls - https://dollsdollsdolls.net/2017/08/19/op-shop-bratz-and-moxie-girlz-on-parade/
Fecha: August 18, 2017 at 09:50PM
.

Haz clic en la foto de abajo para ver otro de mis Blogs.
Encontraras mas publicaciones interesantes.

Barbie



Visita mis Blogs:
El Mundo de las Princesas Muñecas y Peluches: http://mi-barbie.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Entretenimientos y diversiones: http://entretenimientos-diversiones.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Sucesos histórias y documentales: http://sucesos-historias-documentales.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Humor Mascotas y Diversiones: http://humor-mascotas-diversiones.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Curiosidades y Entretenimientos: http://curiosidades-entretenimientos.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Competencias y deportes: http://competencias-deportes.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Paisajes imagenes y lugares interesante: http://paisajes-imagenes-lugares.blogspot.com/?m=0

Si te gusta, o crees que la entrada será útil para tus amigos o contactos compártela. ¡Gracias!

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 
💃 El Mundo de las Princesas, Muñecas y Peluches. Fotos y Videos. Niñas y Chicas ❤️. Template Design By: SkinCorner