Textual description of firstImageUrl

ThursDAY TreatDay…


I’m sorry I had no time for sewing or comments yesterday…but I did read them as I got in bed… my day was full…

I did take Molly’s skirt apart last night and it won’t take too much work to put it back together so it works much better than before! :o) I decided on the fabric for a bookbag… but not yet on the tam. It will come…

Today I have a few special things to show you from a few special ladies! First up is Julia… ONLY because she sent me her pictures first. She went to visit her dad and help him have a dinner party with some friends and family. Julia was in charge of the majority of the party, I’m pretty sure there may have been a few tears along the way for Julia… her mom died the same week as my mom did back in the first week of February…

She used a quilt her mom had made for the tablecloth and set it for company. Isn’t it pretty?

This was Julia’s menu… roast beef, potatoes, carrots and onions in the crockpot. A can or 2 of cream of mushroom soup mixed with a package or 2 of dry onion soup mix, spread over the top of everything made a delicious gravy. She also made a lettuce and tomato salad using little tomatoes her dad grew in pots on his deck. Julia used all her mom’s china and good silverware. Her nephew made coffee, his dad brought wine and their other friends brought sweet corn, tomatoes and cucumbers from their garden.

AND LOOK AT THIS CHERRY PIE! Oh my goodness… I am so ready to invite myself to her next dinner party… I hear she’s planning another one and she’s going to make an APPLE PIE this time… Pass the vanilla ice cream and the forks, please!!!

Thanks so much Julia!

Next up is Anne, from New Zealand… She has been working on a dress for her American Girl sized Our Generation doll… and this is quite the undertaking… This is some serious sewing and it turned out just beautifully, Anne!

I can’t believe how much work was involved in this…She emailed me and told me this about the project…

These are the photos that her daughter Sam took.
The pattern is from Pixie Faire and it is based on an 1876 design. The main dress is polyester silk which sometimes looks purple and sometimes turquoise blue. It was originally a very ugly jacket that I bought from a charity shop. The striped foundation skirt and reticule were from a blouse bought at a different charity shop. The flat lining was the muslin lining of one of Caitlin’s dresses, except for the detachable train, that lining was the lining of the jacket. The necklace fastens with a magnetic catch and was made from pearls and crystal beads that I have had for a long time. The pendant was originally an earring that burglars left in the jewelry box, what they did with the other one I can’t imagine!

I redid her hair, wet it and put the pony tail in rollers but the curls dropped out very quickly still it looks quite pretty but might have to try something else for the exhibition. I hope you like her. I would never have tried this without your inspiring blog

…all the way down to the tiny purple matching shoes…

She used the Brighton pattern by Karen Lorraine. Looks pretty tough, doesn’t it?

The big question for Anne is… WOULD YOU DO THIS AGAIN??? :o)

See you tomorrow,
Blessings, Jeanne


.
De: I Dream of Jeanne Marie - https://idreamofjeannemarie.com/2020/09/18/thursday-treatday/
Fecha: September 18, 2020 at 02:00AM
.

Haz clic en la imagen de abajo para ver otro de mis Blogs.
Encontraras mas publicaciones interesantes.

Barbie



Visita mis Blogs:
El Mundo de las Princesas Muñecas y Peluches: http://mi-barbie.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Entretenimientos y diversiones: http://entretenimientos-diversiones.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Sucesos histórias y documentales: http://sucesos-historias-documentales.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Humor Mascotas y Diversiones: http://humor-mascotas-diversiones.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Curiosidades y Entretenimientos: http://curiosidades-entretenimientos.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Competencias y deportes: http://competencias-deportes.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Paisajes imagenes y lugares interesante: http://paisajes-imagenes-lugares.blogspot.com/?m=0

Si te gusta, o crees que la entrada será útil para tus amigos o contactos compártela. ¡Gracias!

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 
💃 El Mundo de las Princesas, Muñecas y Peluches. Fotos y Videos. Niñas y Chicas ❤️. Template Design By: SkinCorner