Textual description of firstImageUrl

One last way to make pleats…using the Perfect Pleater…


I’m not sure if everyone saw my Sunday post, but I managed to get Molly’s “First Day of School” set listed on Ebay. You can see it by clicking the picture at the right side bar, or you can click HERE. I made some school books for Molly to put in her book bag… check them out! :o)

I almost forgot to show you the final way to make pleats. Up until 2 weeks ago my Perfect Pleater was pretty much the only way I made pleats, unless they were box pleats. I’ve learned a few new ways of making them and hope you’ve enjoyed this “in depth” series on how to make them too.

These are the pleats I’m talking about and I’ll show you step by step how to make them…I made my pleats in every slot on my pleater for this dress. The green dress had pleats that were done in every 2 slots…

We’re going to talk about the “Perfect Pleater” today. I bought mine from Clotilde many many years ago and have used it many many times. I checked and Clotilde is not in business any more, but you can find the Perfect Pleater online and on Ebay…It is a small cloth covered board that has louvers in 1/4″ and 1/2″ (if you tuck under 2 at a time…)

The board is somewhat flexible when it’s lifted up…but rigid when laying flat…

I took a scrap of fabric about 25″ long and hemmed one edge of it. It was about 4″ wide. My plan was to make a skirt for one of my Little Darlings.

Take your Perfect Pleater to your ironing board and work on top of it because you’ll be pressing every pleat. Starting on the left side, work from left to right.

Leave a little hanging off the left edge.

Then lining up the bottom edge, tuck the fabric in the first slot with your fingers,

then use something like an old credit card to tuck it in even better, then press.

Then do it again, keeping the bottom edge straight along the edge of the pleater edge. If it starts to get a little uneven along the bottom, you can shift it and manipulate it to go the way you want…

Repeat that all the way across your pleater… tucking and holding the ones in place that you’ve already done. Make sure as you use the credit card that you don’t pull your previous pleat out… just hold it lightly in place…

If you get to the right edge and you still want it to be longer… let it cool just a bit, and take it out and fit the last pleat you did into the left side and begin again… just continuing on…

…until you reach the end of your fabric.

Let it cool in the pleater, then you can remove it. It will be like an accordian, or one of those construction paper fans you made when you were a kid. The pleats can be easily tucked where they should be and stay in place. You can spray some starch on it if you like and give it one more good press. I use a steam iron.

Take it to your machine and stitch along the top edge to keep your pleats in place. You can pin them if you like, but they really just tuck one under the other most of the time.

Aren’t they pretty?

Now you are ready to attach a waistband to the pleats. It’s best to use a strip of fabric cut on the bias (diagonal) but I didn’t have enough fabric to do that so I cut a long strip about 1 1/2″ wide and long enough to go the length of my pleats.

I stitched right sides together with my pleats on top…

I pressed the waistband flat and turned about 3/4″ of an inch to the back side…and fitted it around Lian’s waist.

But because I didn’t cut it on the bias, I will have to make a couple of small darts in the back to take up the slack…

I just took about 1/4″ darts in the back and folded the back edge over…

Let’s see how it will look…

Yes, it will be fine…

I didn’t take time to finish the back but it will be easy to do… add a few snaps and line up my pleats and I’ll be set.

I hope I didn’t miss any steps in showing you how to use the Perfect Pleater. They do come in various sizes and I’ve seen many of them on Ebay… but they aren’t cheap…

See you tomorrow,
Blessings, Jeanne


.
De: I Dream of Jeanne Marie - https://idreamofjeannemarie.com/2020/09/21/one-last-way-to-make-pleats-using-the-perfect-pleater/
Fecha: September 21, 2020 at 02:00AM
.

Haz clic en la imagen de abajo para ver otro de mis Blogs.
Encontraras mas publicaciones interesantes.

Barbie



Visita mis Blogs:
El Mundo de las Princesas Muñecas y Peluches: http://mi-barbie.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Entretenimientos y diversiones: http://entretenimientos-diversiones.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Sucesos histórias y documentales: http://sucesos-historias-documentales.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Humor Mascotas y Diversiones: http://humor-mascotas-diversiones.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Curiosidades y Entretenimientos: http://curiosidades-entretenimientos.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Competencias y deportes: http://competencias-deportes.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Paisajes imagenes y lugares interesante: http://paisajes-imagenes-lugares.blogspot.com/?m=0

Si te gusta, o crees que la entrada será útil para tus amigos o contactos compártela. ¡Gracias!

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 
💃 El Mundo de las Princesas, Muñecas y Peluches. Fotos y Videos. Niñas y Chicas ❤️. Template Design By: SkinCorner