Textual description of firstImageUrl

Let’s look at Ruffler/pleater attachments for your sewing machine…


GOOD NEWS! I emailed the lady who sold me the Pretty Pleat mat and asked her if she would take it back because the picture shown in her listing said it was a 1/2″ rubber mat, but it was actually a 1/4″ mat. She said if I returned it, she would give me a refund! I was thrilled since she said she didn’t offer returns.
YAY!!!

Now let’s move on to another type of pleater… I have used this one many times. It’s actually called a Ruffler but it does ruffles AND pleats. This is what it looks like. Don’t be intimidated by its looks…it looks complicated, but it’s not.

First of all, just about every sewing machine has a ruffler attachment for “their” machine, but mine is just a universal attachment and has worked on several different machines I have owned.

You can go online and find a video for Bernina, Brother, Pfaff, Viking, and all the other brands for how the ruffler attachment works for their particular machine.

I did find a very good video from Bernina that is fairly “universal” and gives a quick 4 minute demonstration on how they work…you can click on this link to see the gist of it…

Demonstration of how the ruffler/pleater works…

My ruffler/pleater came with a paper that explains just about everything you need to know for how to use these little gadgets…

I don’t know how to set up for a longer video like that lady above did, but here are some still shots of what I was doing. Today’s post will be kind of like an informative post and if you are interested, you’ll have to check out what’s available to you for your machine. I pressed out the creases in the blue fabric I had used before and decided to use it for a demo using the pleater on my machine…

I put my ruffler attachment on making sure it was tight and set the adjustment setting to give me the deepest push for the pleats. I’m not a big fan of skimpy pleats. I personally like them to go all the way into the fabric and then the next one line up where that crease ends.

Okay, let’s go…

I did get this 10 second video to work…it only shows my machine making the pleats… not too exciting, but here’s a little action on the post today!!! :o)

The pleats you end up with using the ruffler attachment aren’t nearly as precise as when you use a pleater board, so I find it helps to pin your pleated piece vertically on your ironing board so you can pull out the pleats horizonally and keep them semi straight.

This isn’t hemmed…which needs to be done first, but you can get an idea of how quickly the pleats can be done using the machine attachment…not too bad…

Lian was game for trying it on…

I tried another piece…

Then I tried another piece… shortening my stitch length and moving the bar at the top to 6, which means I will now have 6 stitches and then a pleat…

I pinned it to my ironing board and didn’t press it all the way to the bottom, but just about 1 1/2″ from the top…

I think this might work with the right fabric… and make a pretty dressy dress…

I also wanted to show you how it looks when you lay the bottom fabric down face up, and the fabric to be ruffled, laid face down on top of it…where the top piece gets gathered onto the bottom piece all at the same time.

Well, as nice as those pleats look, they still aren’t my favorite way of making them… stay tuned for that… :o)

See you tomorrow,
Blessings, Jeanne


.
De: I Dream of Jeanne Marie - https://idreamofjeannemarie.com/2020/09/09/lets-look-at-ruffler-pleater-attachments-for-your-sewing-machine/
Fecha: September 09, 2020 at 02:00AM
.

Haz clic en la foto de abajo para ver otro de mis Blogs.
Encontraras mas publicaciones interesantes.

Barbie



Visita mis Blogs:
El Mundo de las Princesas Muñecas y Peluches: http://mi-barbie.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Entretenimientos y diversiones: http://entretenimientos-diversiones.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Sucesos histórias y documentales: http://sucesos-historias-documentales.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Humor Mascotas y Diversiones: http://humor-mascotas-diversiones.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Curiosidades y Entretenimientos: http://curiosidades-entretenimientos.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Competencias y deportes: http://competencias-deportes.blogspot.com/?m=0,
Paisajes imagenes y lugares interesante: http://paisajes-imagenes-lugares.blogspot.com/?m=0

Si te gusta, o crees que la entrada será útil para tus amigos o contactos compártela. ¡Gracias!

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 
💃 El Mundo de las Princesas, Muñecas y Peluches. Fotos y Videos. Niñas y Chicas ❤️. Template Design By: SkinCorner